RICE FLOUR VADA
Rice Flour Vada can be made in two types, one with restricted ingredients for those who undertake Vrata and another one with all regular ingredients. There are several local combinations in use while preparing the Rice Flour Vada for Non-Vrata or regular days.
Rice Flour - 1 Cup
Grated Coconut - ¼ Cup
Green Chilly - 2-3 (Chopped)
Grated Ginger - 1 tablespoon
Salt - As required
Cumin Seeds - 1 tablespoon
Asafoetida - A pinch
Yogurt/Curd - 2 tablespoon
Oil - As required to fry.
Water - Enough for dough
Curry Leaves - As Required
Coriander Leaves - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- · Mix Rice Flour, Grated Coconut, Chopped Green Chillies, Grated Ginger, Asafoetida and Curry Leaves in a bowl.
- · Add 2 tablespoon of oil and the Curd and mix it with a spoon and make the dough. You do not have to knead the dough.
- · Now add water slowly to form a firm dough.
- · Heat Oil in a Pan.
- · Take smaller portions of dough and roll them in small circular shape like a Vada.
- · Deep fry the Vada in the Pan. Wait until it turns golden brown. You can fry 2-3 Vadas at a time in the Pan.
- · Serve with Chutney or Ketchup